Is there anything that comes close to the feeling you get when sailing? The gentle breeze caressing your face, the taste of salt, the lull of waves – that is something hard to describe. Especially to someone that never experienced it first-hand. It’s exhilarating and unique – every single time. Yet, to get to that point, boatowners have to endure the process of transporting boats and yachts. And that’s nothing to trifle with. With today’s technology, it is much easier. Still, you will need some of the best movers and packers Jeddah can offer to pull it off. So, here are some useful things to know, before you embark on one of the many adventures.
What to be mindful of before transporting boats and yachts?
Transporting boats and yachts is a major undertaking. There are quite a few things that impact its success:
- Dimensions of your vessel will dictate how you can transport it. Length, width, height, and weight all play important role in determining the options;
- Legal requirements are an essential factor. Especially if you want to transport your vessel to another country. With the amount of paperwork, you’ll need the help of a reliable customs agent to help you through it.
With that out of the way, let’s see what are the transportation options.
How many ways are there for transporting boats and yachts?
In general, there are six ways to transport your vessel, across two major categories. Or rather, two major ways to approach it. These are:
- DIY transportation and;
- Shipping via a professional company.
Both options are viable, and both have their pros and cons.
Transporting your vessels DIY-style
This method can be quite an adventure. Many new boat owners choose to sail their vessels from where they bought them, to their homeport. However, this method takes quite a while, and you still have to take care of all the legal prerequisites.
The same goes if you’re transporting boats and yachts inland. Aside from permits, you will need to procure a trailer that can accommodate your vessel. This is an added expense, albeit a one-off.
Shipping with the help of professionals
The best and most reliable way to transport your vessel is through a reliable shipping company. In this case, you only need to provide them with the necessary paperwork and choose how you want them to take care of the job. After that, you can sit back and relax, while they take care of everything.
With that said, here are the shipping methods you can choose from:
- Transporting by land – A shipping company will prepare your vessel and choose the suitable vehicle to transport it on.
- Shipping by the sea – In this case, you have two options. The first is to ship out your boat or yacht as cargo on a freight ship. The second one is “on its own bottom”. This entails hiring a captain and, in the case of larger vessels, the crew that will sail your vessel to its homeport.
- Shipping by air – Depending on the size, you can make your vessel a part of air cargo Bahrain. This is, by far, the fastest method of delivery. However, depending on the distance to the home port, your shipping company may choose to incorporate other methods from this list.
These options are more expensive than DIY. However, the convenience, security, and reliability you get this way are unparalleled.
Keep your eyes on the prize
Transporting boats and yachts is quite the endeavor. It takes time, effort, and resources. But the moment you set foot on the deck, and lock your gaze on the endless horizon, you’ll realize: it is all worth it.