Moving is a huge life event that changes the way we live and affects our routines and habits. People usually decide to change their address in search of better job opportunities, for studies or because of marriage. At the same time, some people seek a warmer climate or simply want to start from the beginning. Saudi Arabia is a county that ticks all the right boxes in that sense. Booming market, friendly people, and warm weather. This is the reason why so many companies conduct sea freight from China to Saudi Arabia. Also, when you are moving to another country, many big important questions arise. How much will the move cost? Where to find reliable movers? Where will I live? What is better an apartment or house? House is always a good choice because you will be on your own, and houses also come with some sort of a yard. Therefore, we will use this article to discuss all the advantages of having a backyard. In other words, why you should choose a hose with this feature.
Before we discuss the advantages of having a backyard, let’s see why is it important to pick the right neighborhood
There are plenty of things you can do to improve your living space. These include picking the right furniture and modifying the walls or building a pool. The options are pretty much endless. On the other hand, it quite difficult to change your neighborhood once you settle down. Therefore, you must get right from the very start. The best way to do this is to conduct some in-depth online research or ask your close friends for advice. For all other questions, the national shipping company of Saudi Arabia stands at your disposal.
Key factors for choosing the right neighborhood:
Here are some of the most important factors to keep in mind when searching for a new neighborhood, but the choice will be ultimately based on your habits, lifestyle, and personal preferences.
- Crime rates. No matter how cutting-edge security systems have you installed in your home, if the neighborhood is labeled as unsafe, you risk getting burgled. Choose a decent neighborhood.
- Costs of living. While it is important to choose a quality neighborhood for safety reasons, it is also unwise to go for something that is out of reach financially. You don’t want to struggle with your budget.
- Quality of schools. If you have kids, look which nearby schools are available and do a good analysis of their pros and cons. Another important factor if you have kids are green areas and public parks.
- Public transportation. Even if you own a car, public transportation can be very useful. Is your new neighborhood well connected with other parts of the city? Pay attention to this.
Health benefits of having a backyard at your home?
- Vitamin D. When you have your own garden, you can go outside and enjoy a sunny day. You are not dependent on anybody else; you can decorate your backyard the way you want.
- Lockdown scenarios. The recent Covid-19 outbreak served as a stark reminder of why it is important to have your own piece of green space. While everyone else was locked inside their residential buildings, people who have gardens enjoyed the sunshine and clean air.
- Garden has a positive impact on mental health. When you have a backyard, you can occupy your mind with hobbies like gardening, planting trees, or building a treehouse. Also, having your oasis of peace is essential for long-term health. Use your imagination and think of ways of improving your garden.
Practical advantages of having a backyard
- A backyard is a heaven for kids. Today children are mostly sitting in front of the TV or playing with their smartphones. One of the best things that you can do as a parent is to let them roam free in the garden. They can engage in physical activities while staying inside the safe zone of your home.
- It is easier to keep pets. While you can keep a cat or a parrot in an apartment, dogs prefer longer stretches of open space where they can run and play.
- Additional storage space. If you don’t have enough room for all your belongings in your home, and you don’t want to spend money on storage units, you can always build a small shed in your garden.
Backyard presents a great way to socialize
- Organize a BBQ. When you have a backyard, you can invite your friends and relatives for an unforgettable day of laughter, tasty food, and nice weather.
- Socialize with your neighbors. If you have cool and interesting people living around you, you can always invite them to your backyard for some fun.
- Organize a yard sale. Do you have items that are surplus to requirements? Don’t throw them away. Organize a yard sale instead, and earn some money in the process.
Important reminder: Inspect the property before buying
This is a crucial step that you need to take before buying your new home. Assuming you are not a real estate agent or a construction worker you will have to hire someone with professional knowledge to help you out. That person must be able to spot any shortcomings that your new home could have and to warn you about any potential problems.
- Leaking roofs
- Foundations and other structural issues
- Mold, and mildew
- Woodworms and other pests
- Electrical installations issues
- Radon and lead paint leakage
- Septic system problems
If you carefully inspect the house before buying you can avoid future repairs and save a lot of money. You can also try to get the property below its value if the owner is not interested in fixing everything before you move in. All things considered, there are many advantages of having a backyard, and if you plan on living in a house make sure it comes with a garden.