Moving to Saudi Arabia can be a great decision. This wonderful place will provide you with all the opportunities you will ever need. And we are sure that you will be able to use the most of it. But, sometimes, people have to deal with some customs rules that can cause confusion when moving here. Fear not, because the best shipping and logistics companies are here to help you out. We will tell you what you need to pay attention to when moving to Saudi Arabia so you can rest easy knowing everything will be OK.
Customs rules that can cause confusion include the prohibited items
There are many things that you need to pay attention to when moving to Saudi Arabia. One of them includes the items that are not allowed to import. These are the items that can put you in some serious legal trouble if you try to get them in. These items are:
- There should be no amount of any alcoholic drinks under any circumstances
- The Israeli currency is prohibited
- Never try to bring any narcotics
- There are strict anti-pornographic rules in this place. They are considered offensive and very un-Islamic
- Don’t bring products made out of pork
- Don’t try to bring religious books and materials
- Absolutely no counterfeit or imitation products
These are some of the most important things you need to remember if you are planning to move here soon. You need to have this in mind always if you wish to avoid any legal issues. And if you want to make it easier, you need to search for customs clearance and freight forwarding services. With that backing you up, you will be able to move to Saudi Arabia fairly easily.
What are free and restricted items you can move
Now that we have cleared what you can’t move, we should talk about the items that you can move, or have some regulations that you need to follow to bring some items in. So, the free items include personal clothing and other items that you are personally using in some reasonable amount. As for restricted items, they are as follow:
- As for currency, negotiable instruments, precious metals, and other things that are high in value, you need to declare them at customs.
- Hazardous items, weapons, explosive materials, ammunition, any type of blades are prohibited if you do not have permission from the Ministry of Interior. If you don’t have any permissions, you are forbidden from bringing them.
- Your pets will require some certificates, vaccination certificates, and other paperwork that you can get approved at the nearest Saudi Arabian Embassy or Consulate before you move here.
- Importing birds is strict
- Make sure to thoroughly document all medications you are bringing with you. And if you have a proper doctor’s prescription, make sure to bring it with you.
- As for Electronic devices, they will check them for any offensive materials. So make sure to double-check your photos, clips, and music before you head out here.
These are the restricted items that you need to worry about when moving to Saudi Arabia. It might sound complicated to follow, but if you take your time you will be able to move here without any issues. If this is confusing you, then you can always talk with customs clearing agents in Bahrain that can lead you through this process. With their help, you will be able to avoid any potential issues and mistakes during your move.
It is important to follow these rules if you wish to move to Saudi Arabia without any problems. The rules are strict and they apply to everyone who moves here. That is why you need to take them seriously if you wish to avoid any potential legal trouble. Otherwise, if you seek professional help, you will be able to avoid all of these issues. Mostly because they know how to do it properly.
What are the points of entry?
Now, we have discussed your move here as a civilian. But if you are planning to move your business here, or open a branch, then you need to know more about this part. Several major commercial ports include Yanby, Dammam, Jeddah, and Jizan. As well as industrial ports like Ras Tanura and Jubail. If you are moving by air, then you will land in Kin Abd Al-Aziz International Airport or King Khalid International Airport. There is also King Fahd IA that you will be able to land on.
What you need to have in mind always is that the Department of Customs at the Ministry of Finance will always appraise all merchandise that is moving through the customs. If you are moving some medical devices, you will be able to do so in only 3 International Airports, 2 seaports like Dammam and Jeddah, and land entry points that include Batha, King Fahd Causeway, and Hadithah.
If you are still having trouble with this, you can always consult with the logistics companies in Saudi Arabia that can help you out with this task. They will surely make it clear for you so you won’t have to worry about anything.
These are the customs rules that can confuse you when you are about to move to Saudi Arabia. It will help you organize everything properly. You won’t have to worry about any step you are making during your move. And if you keep reading our blog, you will be able to learn what else you need to have in mind when planning your move. We are sure that you will find a lot of interesting and useful pieces of information there that will help you out. And if you still have any questions, feel free to contact us, so you will resolve any possible moving-related issues with ease.