Welcome to Saudi Arabia, the biggest economy in the Middle East, and the 18th largest in the world. Big cities like Riyadh, Jeddah, Mecca, and Medina make Saudi Arabia true heaven for everyone who conducts international business activities. These cities are not only financial, economic, and cultural centers but also a unique global junction point. Saudi Arabia lies on the Arabian Peninsula where all important international trading routes meet. Jeddah, for instance, is located several hours from some of the busiest international airports in the region, like the one in Dubai, Doha, or in the capital city of Riyadh. If you plan on relocating here on a permanent basis you should contact moving companies in Jeddah to help you with the relocation process. In today’s article, we will focus on shipping items to Dammam, and what is important to know. Stay tuned.
Shipping items to Dammam requires a reliable freight partner
The most important thing when it comes to shipping any type of items is your associates. In other words, you need a reliable shipping partner with experience. But how to find such a partner in the sea of shipping companies?
Here some of the most important traits to take into account when choosing a shipping partner:
- Customer support. Communication and support are critical for any successful trading business.
- Equipment and vehicle quality. If the company uses dated and damaged tools and vehicles, the chances are that you will face shipment delays, or in the worst-case scenario, damaged property.
- History and tradition? If the company exists on the market for a long time, they probably have experience, expertise, and knowledge to deal with every type of shipping service.
- Financial status. Financial reports speak volumes about how the company stands and what you can expect in the future.
- How are their employees? Are they uniformed and professional? Are they friendly and open to answering your questions and needs?
- Variety of services. Only the best companies like Four Winds Saudi Arabia offer a wide array of services that cover every type of clients’ needs and demands.
You will probably need a warehouse when shipping items to Dammam
Using cargo services in Jeddah is practically unimaginable without warehouse services. This is especially true if you are shipping items that have an expiry date like food or drugs. But how to be sure that the storage unit meets the required standards? Here are some important traits of a quality warehouse:
- Safety parameters. This is probably the most important feature. Is the warehouse safe for storing your valuable shipments? A quality warehouse facility must be equipped with video monitoring systems, quality locks, and security guards.
- Accessibility. Is the warehouse easily accessible for large trucks? Are they open 24h a day? What about working hours during the holidays? Chose a warehouse that is close to your selling points and not too far away from your headquarters.
- Climate control. This feature is a welcome addition for those who are shipping delicate merchandise like food. However, given the fact that Saudi Arabia is notorious for very high temperatures year-round, you should always seek warehouses which are climate controlled.
- Read online reviews. Check what other customers have to say about that particular warehouse facility.
You must determine your shipping budget
If you want to avoid unfortunate events with payments and liquidity, you must determine your shipping budget. The best way to do that is to get familiar with freight rates. Here are some other factors that will affect shipping prices:
- Shipment weight and size. What you should remember is that the weight of the shipment dictates the price of the service. Therefore, if you wish to get a rough estimate of the shipping costs you should measure your shipments. Important reminder: Don’t attempt to provide false information about the weight on the bill of landing because shipping companies perform routine checkups.
- Shipment destination. The second most important factor that affects shipping prices is the distance of the road. Shipping items to Australia will be priced differently than shipping something locally. It’s just common sense.
- Paperwork costs. International shipping comes with a lot of documentation, licenses, certificates, and reports. You can see what documents you will need by visiting Saudi Arabia customs Sometimes, these administrative services can cost a lot of money.
- Product type. Different products have different shipping costs. For example, shipping car parts will not cost the same as shipping dangerous chemicals.
Get insurance when shipping items to Dammam
Insurance is an important part of every shipping procedure. Even if you acquire the services of the best freight company in the world, accidents can still happen sometimes. The safety of your shipments depends on various external factors, and the best thing you could do is to get third party insurance. Most shipping companies often have insurance policies as part of the deal. The problem is that you probably won’t be able to get full reimbursement for lost or damaged cargo. Therefore, having a third-party insurance deal is a great way to secure your merchandise and avoid costly damage. Also, third-party insurance companies will reimburse your loss in a much shorter time frame compared to the carrier. Having an insurance policy is very useful for companies that are shipping fragile and expensive merchandise.
Last but not least, pay attention to the packing process when shipping items to Dammam. Improper packing procedures are the root cause of many unfortunate shipping events. If you don’t know how to do it properly, we advise you to get packing and crating services from your local shipping partner. Okay, these were some of the facts that you must know when hiring professional logistics companies and acquiring their services. We wish you the best of luck.