Renting a storage unit is a great way to gain additional space for your items. With all the advantages they offer in the time of need, signing storage contracts can sometimes be a little bit tricky. Namely, you should always pay attention to the contract and read what you are signing. This is because each company offers different contracts and different conditions. So, if you hire, for instance, moving companies in Saudi Arabia for relocation, and require storage – you should see what the contract says. This is due to the fact that it will always be your responsibility to know what you are signing.
What must storage contracts include?
Each contract you sign is going to be different. When it comes to storage renting, you have to acknowledge that the contracts will vary depending on the country you are in.
Because each country has a set of different rules, that means that the rules for renting a unit will be different. The contract you will sign with the moving company must always contain four basic elements.
Whether you are renting a storage unit for a longer or shorter period of time, you will have to pay for it. Money is one of the main factors to consider when you are choosing a storage unit. With this being said, the contract should contain:
- The amount you have to pay for rent
- Procedures in case you are late with your payment or do not pay
- Any additional fees you might have with this service
2. Proper usage of the unit you are renting
If you, for example, opt for a warehouse for rent in Jeddah, you can expect that you will have to abide by some rules. Because each company has different rules when using a unit, it must be mentioned in the contract.
- They should state exactly what you can and cannot store inside
- How clean the storage unit has to be while under your rent
3. Some storage contracts will include giving notice
Since you will probably rent your unit month-by-month, you will have to give notice when you want to stop using it. Pay attention when searching for storage, as some companies might state that they will automatically renew the contract if you do not call or give notice.
- You should notify the company if you change your address or your mobile number
- Give notice when you plan on moving out by the end of the month
4. They will state what can a landlord do
These storage agreements go both ways. Meaning that, as the client has responsibilities and rights, so does the company providing the service. The storage contracts you will sign must include what the landlord can and cannot do.
- Entering a unit in case of an emergency
- When a landlord can lock you out of your unit and how to regain entrance