When you’re working in the shipping industry, you should provide the best possible services. Since there are many shipping companies in every country, you need something special so you can attract more customers. How to attract more customers? Apart from training your employees, respecting deadlines, reasonably pricing your services, you need to think about your warehouse as well. Nowadays, having an ordinary warehouse without any additional features is not enough. For this reason, you should use an air conditioned warehouse. if you still need more information, here are all the reasons to have the air-conditioned warehouse.
Why use an air-conditioned warehouse
There are three main reasons why every national shipping company of Saudi Arabia has at least one air-conditioned warehouse.
- Employees health – Can you imagine working in a warehouse when it is scorching hot outside? It is impossible to work and focus on your tasks. There is even heat-related stress that can cause problems for your employees. If your employees are working in the air-conditioned warehouse, they can focus better and be more efficient.
- Protects all the goods – some items are extremely fragile. Extreme heat can cause damage to the majority of the items. For this reason, in order not to pay insurance due to damage, invest in a good cooling system.
- Prevents moisture – humidity and moisture can cause damage to the stored items but also to the warehouse itself. Mold can cause a bad smell inside the warehouse and also serious damages.
What do store inside
As mentioned, you can put pretty much everything in this warehouse. However, the following items require a climate-controlled warehouse.
- Furniture, especially the one made the wood, metal, leather, or upholstery
- anything made out of the materials mentioned above
- Musical instrument
- Household appliances
- Sports equipment
As you can see, the list is quite long. All these items are susceptible to mold and mildew. In order to attract customers, you need to deliver their items in perfect condition. Nowadays, most people rely on online reviews when searching for any type of services or products, you need to make sure your company has a good reputation. If you have many negative comments, most people would hesitate to hire your shipping company.
Keep your warehouse cool during the summer
it is important to keep your warehouse cold during the summer. First, you can install a high volume with low-speed overhead ceiling fans. then, invest in good insulation. This will keep your warehouse cool during a hot summer. In addition to this, it will keep the noise level down and it is good for preventing fire. You can also buy a couple of portable air conditioners as they cost less and they are more efficient. Another smart thing to get would be the humidifiers. However, only use them when the air is extremely humid, otherwise, it will not have any effect.