We are living in a fast-paced world where every second is important and can make a difference. This is especially true when it comes to running a business. More and more companies are deciding to offer their services and products online, as customers opt for online shopping instead of traditional going to the store. Furthermore, selling your products and services online offers you to reach global markets and compete with similar companies all over the world. Saudi Arabia is one of the world’s fastest-growing economies and a country with a plethora of business opportunities. If you are interested in the export-import business in Saudi Arabia, you should check sea cargo Jeddah and learn more about how companies operate here. Meanwhile, we will use this article to help you understand what is ecommerce shipping for small companies. What are the facts you should know, and what you should be aware of for your business to grow? Stay tuned for more.
What is eCommerce shipping for small companies?
If you are selling something online, you probably need a partner that will deliver those goods to your customers. You don’t have logistics to do that, so you must find a reliable partner to satisfy the needs of your customers. You are a small company and you don’t have enough funds to invest in transportation logistics. In other words, you need shipping services for your eCommerce business.
Furthermore, you need a company that is also affordable as shipping prices are incorporated in the final price of your product. If the price is too high compared to your competition your customers will lose interest and make their purchases elsewhere. Many sellers are afraid to ship their goods internationally because they are not familiar with the customs clearance process. However, this obstacle can be easily surmounted with the assistance of a reliable shipping partner. Learn more about Saudi customs clearance and open the doors of prosperous international trade.
Why is it important to have a reliable shipping partner?
Like we already said, the quality and affordability of your products depend on your competences as well as on the reliability of your business partners. The same applies to ecommerce shipping for small companies. As a business owner, you are probably aware of the fact that your relationship with customers is what creates the image of your brand and dictates your sales.
While you can be in control of every aspect of your business model, once you ship your goods, everything is the hands of your transportation partner. Your relation with customers is now outsourced to whatever company you decided to work with. When your business is still developing, and you are sending a few packages daily, global post office services might cover your needs. But as your business grows, you must find faster and cheaper solutions. All things considered, your homework is to find the best overseas freight forwarding company. That is in case you have set your mind on international trade.
What happens if you choose a bad shipping partner?
Choosing an amateur shipping partner can, of course, have a bad impact on your customers’ experience and overall image of your company. This, in turn, translates to lower revenue. Here are some of the possible outcomes of choosing the wrong partner:
- Your shipment is late. If you hire an irresponsible shipping partner the chances are that you will face delivery delays. Many reasons that could impact the delivery time like weather conditions and political events. But if you are facing constant delays you should probably seek a new partner. Your customers won’t be happy and your business will suffer.
- The goods arrived damaged. This happens when your partners are inexperienced or when they use outdated technology.
- Your shipment never arrived. This is the worst-case scenario that speaks volumes about your partner. Be careful who are you doing business with as in many cases you won’t be able to make the second impression.
Ecommerce shipping for small companies includes many different services
Before you can say you are ready to deliver your goods internationally, you must be familiar with some basic terms. What are the logistics services you can choose? What they include and how much do they cost?
- Customs Clearance. All international shipments must pass through customs. Be it air, land or sea, this is an integral part of delivering the goods to your customers. For this reason, it is important to choose a reliable partner that has all the right licenses and that will guarantee fast and safe clearance of goods, especially if customs rules are as strict as in Saudi Arabia.
- Storage and warehousing. Before your goods arrive at their destination they will probably have to be stored at a warehouse unit. It is important to check if the storage facilities used by your shipping partner meet all the required security standards. They also must be climate controlled and dry to maintain your goods in excellent shape.
- Freight Forwarding and Cargo transportation. Both types of business models concentrate on delivering goods to customers. The only difference is that the freight forwarding company usually doesn’t have its fleet but instead serves as an intermediate between business owners and shipping lines.
- Packing and crating. This means that the company organizes crating and palletizing services according to the size and destination of your shipment.
These were some of the basic rules of ecommerce shipping for small companies. In the end, it is your business model and your personal preferences and needs that will decide what services you should choose. Be careful when picking your trading partners because this decision could have a great impact on the future of your company. We wish you the best of luck.