Speaking about important life events some of the first things that come to mind are marriages, getting your first job, the arrival of children, and so forth. Another massive life event most people tend to forget is relocation. Moving is quite complex not only because you have to physically transport your belongings from point A to point B, but also because you have to adapt to your new surroundings and say goodbye to your friends and family members. Also, relocation can be quite expensive and people are often looking for ways to trim the costs and save some money. But to do that you have to get an accurate moving estimate. You must know the price of all moving services, including the shipping car from USA to Saudi Arabia price. Luckily for you, we can help you with that, so stay with us to learn more.
What is a moving estimate anyway?
Before we continue with our topic, we first have to clarify a few moving-related terms so that you could understand your moving contract properly. So, what is exactly a moving estimate? Basically, a moving estimate is the approximate price of your move. The price of every move is composed of two main factors. The total weight of your shipment, and the distance of your move. This applies to relocation services, while for logistics services rules are a bit different as they depend on Saudi customs clearance procedures for international trade deals. When the moving company determines these two factors you will get a written estimate to get a general idea of the total cost of the moving service. The final price will be different but not by a considerable margin. There are two types of moving estimates: Non-binding and binding.
Binding and non-binding moving estimates.
- A non-binding estimate is actually a rough calculation of how much the move will cost. The final price can be 10% higher than the estimate at most. You inform the company about the number of items and their type as well as what relocation services you plan to purchase. You can do this over the phone.
- A binding estimate is the final price that you will have to pay when the job is done. Your company can’t charge you a higher amount than previously agreed. For this type of estimate, the company will send a representative to do an appraisal of your belongings. Then, they will give you a written assessment.
Do your part if you wish to get an accurate moving estimate
Determining your moving budget means that you have to calculate each end every expense of the moving process, moving services included. Your moving company can give you a quite accurate moving estimate, you must remember that the outcome depends on you as well. So, what is it that you must do?
- Make an accurate moving inventory. There are many benefits to making a moving inventory. It will be easier for you to pack and unpack when you have a complete list of your belongings. Additionally, you will lower the chances of leaving something behind. Finally, your moving company will be able to give a very accurate moving estimate if you provide them with a list of items you plan on transporting.
- Consider dates. Know that relocating during the moving season costs more.
- Be specific about moving services. What other moving services are you planning to purchase?
- Do you want moving insurance? Every moving contract has basic liability coverage incorporated, but if you wish to be absolutely secured, you must know that it will cost you more.
If your goal is to get an accurate moving estimate you must hire a reliable moving agency
Many moving companies operate on the market but not all present a good choice. As a matter of fact, finding a reliable yet affordable moving company could prove to be a tricky task. Since your goal is to get an accurate moving estimate your best bet is to find a trustworthy moving agency. These agencies offer fully transparent and understandable moving contracts with no hidden clauses that conceal loads of hidden and unexpected costs. So, how to find such moving companies?
- Do online research. A simple checkup of the company’s website can reveal a lot about that particular moving agency. Do they have all the necessary licenses and certificates to conduct their services?
- Call them on the phone or visit their headquarters in person. See if their employees are friendly, uniformed, knowledgeable, and ready to assist you.
- Read the comments section. See what other customers have to say about this company. This is an important insight into their business procedures and how they treat their clients. You just have to know how to differentiate fake comments from genuine reviews.
Other ways to save money on relocation services
Like we already said, moving can be quite expensive. The price of a long-distance international move can cost a lot making it a fundamental component of your moving budget. With that being said, what are the other ways to save some money on relocation?
- Do the packing on your own. While you would benefit from professional assistance for packing items like bulky pieces of furniture, we are more than certain that you can pack your clothes and books on your own.
- Start preparing for the move on time. If you start searching for a moving agency on time, you might be able to book your move in advance, and this means some sweet discounts.
- Ask your friends to help you out. Don’t ever forget that you can always count on friends and family members to help you out in difficult times. Furthermore, you are leaving soon, this might be their last chance to spend some quality time with you.
All things considered, your best bet to get an accurate moving estimate is to contact a reliable moving company and to provide them with a detailed moving inventory. We wish you the best of luck.