Almost every company is faced with the need to move to a new office at least once. The reasons for the change in occupied premises can be very different. That may be an extension, the search for more suitable working conditions and image enhancement. It can also be the purchase of a bigger office or vice versa, the search for a more economical option due to financial difficulties. If you need to plan and organize international office moving, your priority should be to hire top-quality movers in Saudi Arabia. How to properly prepare and host this significant event?
At first glance, the task is not easy, especially if this is the first time. But if you approach it in detail and without fuss, the process of moving can be quick, neat and lossless. So, after you choose the best office space, what is your next step?
What should you do first?
The manager must appoint a coordinator who will be responsible for moving your office. His first task will be to prepare a complete and accurate moving plan. It should be implemented with minimal damage to the production process.
After the director signs a contract with the landlord and sets a day for international office moving to a new location, you must inform the company about the upcoming event. You can do this during a general organizational meeting or verbally by going through the departments. Make good use of the communication tools adopted by your company – email or internal messenger.
Before the move, it will be useful to make a trip for employees to a new place. That will help more effectively plan the placement of jobs and the organization of the furniture. In addition, employees will be able to think in advance how they will come to work.
Do not forget that the change of addresses brings certain inconveniences both for the company itself and for business partners. To make this discomfort minimal, inform your partners and customers about the new location. And, if possible, send a route map to a new office.
Optimum deadlines and time to plan and organize an international office moving
Depending on the type of activity of the company, its status and the number of employees, the time for preparing the move can be from 1 to 1.5 months. But it often happens that the circumstances rush it, and you need to prepare the move in 1-2 weeks. In such an extreme situation, a step-by-step schedule is especially useful.
The optimal time for the move is two days. It is advisable to assign it on weekends. Do not take the move as a natural disaster. Even here you can find decisive moments. For example, you can conduct an extensive audit and clean the office of unnecessary things that take up additional space. And the active participation of all employees will help unite the team and enhance the corporate spirit.
What should you look for when choosing a moving company?
The decision to hire a company to move your office depends on the capabilities of the company.
Many companies on the market offer a wide range of international office moving services. That usually includes:
- removal and transportation of furniture to a new office
- property insurance
- provision of transport services with loaders
- furniture placement
- trash removal
There are some things you need to think about when choosing a moving company. Particular attention when choosing a company should be paid to its experience in this area. Be sure to read the reviews of customers who used their services, ask for discounts and their trucks.
As a rule, in the case of cooperation with a reliable, legitimate relocation company, a company representative works with you. He approaches the place of the call, where he estimates the amount of work. He considers furniture, equipment, other material, and technical values. In the end, he submits a detailed invoice for the services provided. The advantage of working with a unique company is that it takes care of all moving works. Besides, all furniture and equipment will be insured in case of damage during the move. The insurance amount is determined by the client and concluded in the contract.
The representative of the mover also offers the customer a choice of packing material: plastic wrap, adhesive tape, cardboard boxes, bags. To save money, you can buy packaging materials yourself. You can find them in hardware stores, and it is not expensive. If there are “native” boxes of office equipment, consisting of a guarantee, it will simplify the work and also reduce costs.
Disadvantages of hiring a moving company
The main drawback – comfort costs money. Therefore, movers can give you a big bill. At the very least, to somehow reduce it, follow the pricing policy of various companies and don’t be afraid to ask for a discount. Pay attention also to the detailed list of services provided, since the cost of individual items may be unreasonably high. In this case, it is better to abandon them or attract other specialists.
How to prepare your office to move
- Conduct an audit, get rid of unnecessary employees and old things.
- Create a group to whom you will entrust to plan and organize an international office moving. Consequently, there will be a certain work for each participant.
- First, collect small items — empty drawers and cabinets. Then pack stationery and other items in bags.
- Collect money and documents separately and keep them with you.
- Prepare furniture and equipment. If possible, disassemble objects, remove accessories in separate packaging. Pull out drawers and shelves if there is no possibility to dismantle than fix the sliding objects with tape.
- For packing technology, use cardboard boxes, preferably it’s own. If you don’t have its box, mark the top and bottom of the object on the container.
- For packing furniture, use bubble wrap and tape. Also, consider alternative packaging materials.
- First of all, transport large furniture.
- Do not forget to sign the boxes. Consequently, it will simplify the process of unpacking and organization.
- Prepare that all your office staff will whine that they are not paid for it, the boxes are dirty, hard to load and everything else. Do not worry, promise them 4 hours from the next day; it will calm them.