Whether you are moving because of studies or in search of better job opportunities you will have to hire a moving company to transport your belongings. If you want to organize a successful relocation you should try to find reliable and experienced movers. Movers and packers in Riyadh have the necessary knowledge and tools to handle every type of relocation-related obstacle and are eager to help you out. Other moving services that a lot of people find useful are storage services. But just like with moving services, storage services are not something we use every day, and therefore we don’t know much about them. How to choose a quality storage company? How to pack belongings for storage? What are the ways to get the most out of your Riyadh storage unit? These are all important questions but don’t worry, we know how to help you. Stay with us to find out more.
Why would you need a storage unit anyway?
There are many different situations where you would profit from getting storage services, but here are some of the most common:
- Moving into an unfinished home. It is easier to undertake dirty structural renovations with an empty apartment. You can temporarily store your belongings in a storage unit to protect them from dust and debris.
- International trade. Warehouses are a very important part of the international trading chain. Additionally, if you are selling goods with an expiry date you will have to find quality climate-controlled storage units. Don’t forget that reliable shipping and logistics companies are also of utmost importance.
- Lack of space. Do you have a lot of stuff in your home that is just sitting there and attracting dust? On the other hand, you are still not ready to do sell or throw out these items? Then storage services might be the solution to your problem.
To get the most out of your Riyadh storage unit you must choose wisely
Whether you are storing your belongings temporarily or you have decided to downsize your home, renting a storage unit is the best way to do it. But how to be sure that you made the right choice? Quality storage should meet the following criteria:
- Safety ratings. This is probably the most important parameter. You must be sure you’re your belongings won’t disappear overnight. A good warehouse facility must be equipped with surveillance systems, quality locks, and security guards.
- Climate control. Every reliable storage and moving company must have climate-controlled units at their disposal. This feature will protect your belongings from harsh outside factors. Remember that Saudi Arabia is notorious for scorching heat. Climate-controlled units also do a great job at preventing mold and mildew.
- Accessibility. Is the warehouse easily accessible by van or truck? What are their working hours? Do they work during the holidays?
- Pick the right size. Determine how much space you need to store your belongings. Don’t waste money on large units that you don’t actually need.
- Read online reviews. What are the experiences of other customers?
Before you start packing you must get some quality moving supplies
Okay, but what exactly are moving supplies? Moving supplies are packing materials that will make the packing process a lot easier and a lot more systematized. Furthermore, these materials are also used to protect your belongings from damage resulting from tumbling and wrong handling. You don’t want your belongings to get damaged, do you? For that reason, we present you some of the moving supplies that you must get:
- Cardboard boxes
- Packing paper
- Packing tape
- Bubble wrap
- Styrofoam peanuts
- Label stickers
- Marker pens
- Basic tools like screwdrivers
So, where to get these tools? Well, your best bet is your local hardware store or DIY store. If you wish to save some money, you can ask your friends who recently moved if they still have some leftover boxes that you can use.
Proper packing techniques help a lot
So how to pack your belongings efficiently and to get the most of your storage unit? Here some tips to help you with this task:
- Label your boxes. This will help you to keep count of what you have already packed. Also, it will be easier for you to find something if you organize your belongings properly.
- When loading boxes into the storage unit make sure that heavier boxes are at the bottom.
- Create a wall. Don’t fill out the floor space first, stack boxes vertically instead.
- Try to use boxes that similar in size, it is easier to stack boxes like this.
- Pack fragile items using those packing materials we mentioned, and don’t forget to label these boxes as fragile.
- Pack items with a high frequency of use at the front of the storage unit.
Some additional tips for organizing your storage unit
- Wash the storage unit before you load it with your belongings.
- Consider storing items in transparent plastic bins so that you can see what’s inside.
- Create an inventory list and a map of boxes so that you can easily get what you need.
- Try to make a pathway between the boxes.
- Invest some time in setting up shelves. While this requires some time and energy it will certainly pay off.
- Use furniture as shelves. Do you plan to store a wardrobe into the storage unit? Use it as an additional storing space with shelves and drawers installed.
- Measure your furniture and other large items before choosing a storage unit.
All things considered, if you want to get the most of your Riyadh storage unit you must be organized. And the best way to achieve this is to get quality moving supplies s that you could properly pack your belonging for storage.