There are many advantages to renting a short term storage unit. So, if you’re still wondering whether you’re going to need to get one, make sure to keep reading! Our guide will provide you with all the necessary information about storing and how to find the unit that will suit your needs the most. So, what’s there to know about storing and storage solutions you can rent in a shorter period of time?
What is short term storage?
After finding a company that offers warehousing solutions Saudi Arabia, you will have to decide whether you need to rent a storage unit for a shorter or longer period of time. In most cases, the company’s employees will be there to help you choose a unit that will work best for you. However, you should learn about these units before renting them so that you don’t have to depend on the willingness of employees to help you out. First things first, let’s give you an answer to the most important questions. What is short term storage and what’s the biggest difference between short term and long term storage units?
In summary, a short term storage unit is a facility in which you can store your belongings temporarily and for a specific time frame. As you already know, you can rent a short term and a long term storage unit. The difference between these two is simple:
- Storage in which you can keep your items for 6 months or less, is a short term storage unit.
- Storage in which you can keep your items for a longer period of time (6+ months) is a long term storage unit.
Therefore, short term storage means that you’ll be using a storage facility for 6 months or less.
The advantages of renting storage for a shorter period of time
There are many advantages of long-term storage, but getting a storage unit in a shorter period of time can also be of use to you. So, in which situations you might need to store items for 6 months or less?
- You are in the middle of your relocation and you have to find a place for your belongings until you move them to your new home.
- The renovation of your entire home is just around the corner and you have to move most of your items till the end of your remodeling project.
- You need to move abroad and stay there for less than six months but you also need to move all of your belongings from the home you’ve been renting.
- Your in-laws will be staying at your place for a couple of weeks. So, you need to empty some of your closets to make room for their belongings.
- You’re thinking about throwing a house party. However, you’re worried about the safety of your antiques and other valuable stuff you possess.
How to choose the best short term storage option?
Whether you decide to rent a warehouse Jeddah or a storage unit, you’ll be presented with lots of different possibilities. All of the storage facilities come in various sizes and are meant for various purposes. Here are some of the things you’ll need to take into consideration before renting a storage unit.
- The amount of space you’re going to need. As we have already told you, storage units come in various sizes. therefore, you’ll have to determine how much space you’re going to need. Renting storage that’s too big or too small is something you should avoid doing.
- Storage location and access. Some people like to have their precious belongings stored nearby. For example, people who renovate their homes can rent portable storage solutions and park them right on their driveway.
- The price of storing. In order to get the best price for short term storage, compare prices of at least two or three moving companies. This way, you’ll be able to find both an affordable and quality storage.
- Storage unit amenities. In some cases, you’re going to need to rent a climate-controlled storage unit. These units control the humidity and temperature at normal levels. This is why they’re great for storing artwork and other valuables.
- Site security. Short or long term, you’ll want to make sure that the storage you’ll rent is safe and secure. You should look for a storage facility that has gates and security cameras. Even better if there are also on-site managers!
Packing the right way for a short term storage
Renting a quality storage unit won’t be enough for keeping your items safe inside the unit. There’s no point in getting pallet racking Saudi Arabia if you haven’t packed your goods the right way or, even worse, if you’ve packed a prohibited item for storing. Here are a couple of packing tips that we’ll be useful to you:
- Pack everything inside plastic containers or cardboard boxes and don’t forget to label these containers.
- Make sure to handle your fragile items with extra care.
- Find the list of prohibited items and don’t even think about storing them.
- Make sure to pack only those items that are clean and dry.
- Leave a path in the middle of your storage unit to ensure you can reach all of your items.
Renting quality storage solutions has never been easier!
So, you’ve learned the most important things about short term storage. All that’s left for you to do is to find the unit that’ll suit you the most. Luckily, by contacting Four Winds, you’ll be able to get one of the best storage services in Saudi Arabia! All of our storage facilities are of the highest quality and will keep all of your items safe and secure. Feel free to contact us and ask anything regarding this topic and our moving experts will gladly provide you with answers. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!