If you wish to learn more about how to handle the cultural differences in Saudi Arabia, you have come to the perfect place. Since you will probably be relocating from the United States of America or a country from Western Europe, you might want to learn something more about the cultural differences between your native country and Saudi Arabia. This will help you a lot, especially if you wish to relocate here permanently. Moreover, if you wish to start a business in Saudi Arabia, you will have to learn all the differences you can in order for your business to become more successful. So, before you worry too much about it, let us just say that we will be more than happy to cover some of the most prominent differences. After all, you will need them in order to function in SA, and we will help you out.
How to handle the cultural differences when moving to Saudi Arabia
Most people think that the cultural differences between the people in Saudi Arabia and the United States of America are too big to avoid. However, both Americans and Saudi Arabians are some of the most friendly and welcoming nationalities in the world. So, if you are starting a business in a foreign country, you can always expect someone to be friendly to you and greet you politely. In any case, here are some of the most common differences:
- Family-oriented lifestyle. Most people from Saudi Arabia are oriented towards family and they cherish their families more than anything else. This will be a perfect conversation starter and a good ice-breaker, especially if you do not know anyone. Family is really important for the Saudi Arabian culture, this is why most Saudi Arabians marry young. Once you break the ice with a nice conversation-starter, you can ask about some topics. For example, you can ask about how much does it take to move overseas. The locals will be more than happy to answer.
- Everyone speaks multiple languages. If you were concerned that people in Saudi Arabia do not speak English, you are mistaken. Even though Arabic is the native language, most people speak English as well. Most Saudi Arabians traveled a lot and have a good education. Thus, they speak English really, really well. Some of the best movers in Jeddah also speak English fluently. In other words, you will have no trouble adjusting to the lifestyle in Saudi Arabia. In fact, you will love it there, we are certain of it. However, there is only one way to find out. Thus, try to relocate as soon as you can.
There are some topics people from Saudi Arabia will love a lot. Since most people there have traveled a lot, they will probably know about your culture as well. Start the conversation easily – ask them about their education, their family, their likes and dislikes, and so on. Some people believe that Saudi Arabians have one of the best jokes in the world. Thus, you will always be able to joke with them and have a humorous conversation. So, think about when would be the best time to move and start organizing your move. Believe us, the sooner you start, the better.
When it comes to some cultural differences in Saudi Arabia, you should expect hospitality like nowhere else in the world. To most people in Saudi Arabia, the guest is the most important person to come into their home. They will be more than happy to share amazing stories, incredible food, and really good and educative topics you will enjoy. You will probably not see the same hospitality anywhere else in the world. Thus, you might be surprised how quickly people will like you and talk to you. Moreover, the food is so amazing you will always ask the host for some more.\
Handle the cultural differences when it comes to food and etiquette
People in Saudi Arabia are really friendly and generally interested in who you are and where you come from. This can lead to some of the most amazing experiences you can have in Saudi Arabia. Here is what you might expect:
- Invitations to lunch/dinner. It is not polite to refuse such an invitation, so try to accept them. Also, remember to follow the dress etiquette and not wear too much revealing clothing. You do not want to offend your hosts.
- Accept food with your right hand. Make sure to use your right hand to accept food. Also, it is really impolite to refuse food when offered.
- Learn some words you can find useful. For example, you should learn how to greet someone. Marhaban (Welcome) is a common word, and you should learn it. Also, feel free to respond with Marhabtain (I give you two welcomes). It will please your hosts.
- Be respectful. People in Saudi Arabia will only show you respect. Make sure to reply to the same kindness. If you are respectful, everyone will simply adore you.
How to relocate there?
A good idea to start your relocation would be by contacting one of the best freight forwarding companies in Jeddah to help you out. Also, you should not worry too much about handling cultural differences once you learn more about them. The only thing you should be concerned about is to relocate there. People in Saudi Arabia are used to tourists and you will not have any problems there for as long as you respect their culture. In any case, focus on hiring a really good moving company. They can help you relocate to Saudi Arabia in no time. Make sure you get a valid visa tho. You can do this online, and you will be good to go.
So, how to handle cultural differences?
When it comes to handling cultural differences, you will be relieved to learn that there is nothing much to handle. All you need to do is be respectful and kind, and you will love it in Saudi Arabia. In any case, good luck with your relocation and enjoy one of the most amazing countries in the world!