People decide to relocate for numerous reasons. The main reasons are usually better job opportunities, favorable climate, partners, retirement, or the urge to start from the beginning. But preparing for the move is not easy. In fact, balancing between your daily obligations and organizing a move can prove to be a quite difficult task. But you can save a lot of time and secure the peace of mind if you choose to hire moving and packaging companies in Saudi Arabia. When you are moving overseas this means that you have to transport your entire household to another continent. Needless to say, you will have to pack a lot of stuff regardless of the size of your home. But don’t worry we are here to help you out. We will use this article to show you how to pack electronics before moving overseas. Stay with us to find out more.
If you wish to properly pack electronics you must first disconnect everything
People are very attached to their computers and especially phones. Some would argue that most people wouldn’t be able to go through a whole day of not using their phones. This means that people will take their devices anywhere they go, be it a supermarket or another continent.
Here is what you need to know:
- First of all, you need to power down all the devices and pull out all the cables.
- If you own complex electronics like stereo systems, large flat-screen television sets, or a home theater and you plan to assemble them on your own you must make sure you remember how to re-connect everything.
- If you don’t have the user’s manual try to search it online. Another good strategy is to use your camera to document everything before you break it apart.
- Label the cords so you know to which device they belong.
- Set aside enough time to pack everything as you are dealing with delicate equipment. You don’t want to rush and risk damaging your expensive gear.
And now the sensitive part, how to properly pack electronics before moving overseas?
Packing electronics is a delicate task, and you would do good to learn a few tricks. LCD screens are very sensitive and susceptible to breaking and scratching. Therefore, you must be extra careful when handling them. Here are some basic tips:
- Call a friend to help you out. Large appliances can be quite heavy, and another pair of hands could save the day.
- Put some soft fabric on the corners of the screen.
- Fill any empty space inside the box. You should do this to prevent the screen from moving during transportation. You can use old clothes, packing paper or bubble wrap.
- If you plan on storing your electronic devices somewhere check humidity levels. Humidity is a dangerous enemy and can cause short circuits. This is why you should always go for temperature controlled shipping companies.
Before you start packing you must get quality packing tools
If you wish to successfully organize the move you must get some basic tools that will make the packing process a lot easier, more systematized, and more organized. These are quite simple, yet efficient tools that you can find in any local DIY store. You can also order them online or ask friends who recently move if they still have some cardboard boxes.
So, what to get?
- Tape and scissors
- Cardboard boxes
- Packing paper
- Bubble wrap
- Old clothes
- Bubble wrap
- Basic tools like screwdrivers
- Sticker labels
- Marker pens
- Wheel dollies for large pieces of furniture
Unpacking can be very complex
Don’t forget that the move is not over when you arrive at your destination. Now you have to unpack everything and put all those electronic devices back together. You must know that this is not a walk in the park. This is especially true if you own complex electronic devices like home theater systems or video monitoring systems. There is a possibility that you won’t be able to assemble everything on your own unless you are an engineer. Therefore, it’s only logical to ask for professional help. Not only you will be sure everything will be properly connected, but you will be sure that nothing will get damaged.
Hire a reliable team of packers
Are you moving in a hurry and you don’t have enough time to pack on your own? Do you believe that you are not qualified enough to pack these items on your own? If this is true, we advise you to hire professional packers that will do the job for you. Additionally, when you are sure that your belongings are in safe hands you will be able to concentrate on some other, equally important aspects of the relocation process. Use this time to make travel arrangements or to say goodbye to your dear friends and family members.
Some additional tips that will help you to pack electronics before moving overseas
- If you are transporting your computer or an entire office of computers make sure that you backup all data before you start packing. What if the shipment gets lost somewhere?
- Clean your electronics before packing. If you own a PC you are probably familiar with how much dust it attracts.
- Label the boxes containing delicate screens, sound systems, and other expensive electronic equipment as fragile.
- Pack phones, laptops, batteries, chargers, and other highly important electronics in your essentials bag. It would be wise to have these devices at hand at all times.
- Consider investing in moving insurance. You are transporting delicate equipment. Even if you hire the best movers in the world accidents still happen sometimes. This is exactly why you should consider investing in moving insurance and protect your belongings.
As you can see, if you wish to properly pack electronics before moving overseas you must invest some time, energy, and adequate packing equipment. But this investment will pay off because you can prevent damages and thus save thousands of dollars.